How is dental implant surgery done?
Dental Implant Surgery
Dental implants are artificial metal screws that act as the root of the tooth and are used in the replacement of missing or damaged teeth. Dental implants are placed inside the jaw bone and are used to stabilize the artificial crown. However dental implants are placed inside the jaw bone and are left for 3-4 months for bone growth. So, for successful implant surgery, healthy bone tissue is the primary requirement. Visit the best dental implantologist in Kammanahalli for a successful implant surgery.
Process of dental implant surgery:
- The preliminary examination of the oral cavity is done using X-rays and 3D technology.
- A treatment plan is given by your dentist such as how many implants are required or whether a bone graft is needed for your condition.
- After the tooth removal, the root area acts as a post for implant placement. If required, bone grafting is done and allowed to heal.
- During the surgery, an incision is made in the area where the implant is to be placed. A hole is drilled in the bone for implant placement. An implant is placed in the root area and is sealed with an abutment.
- A temporary denture or abutment is given for aesthetic purposes and the tissue is left for bone healing and growth for 3-5 months. After the procedure, your dentist may recommend you a few painkillers and antibiotics.
Visit the best dental implant clinic in Kammanahalli to answer all your needs.