Root Canal Treatment For Children: What Parents Need To Know
Root Canal Treatment
When a tooth is damaged, the pulp located inside the tooth can become inflamed and infected. If left untreated, the infection can spread to the tooth’s root and form an abscess. The infection is very painful and will not go away without treatment.
Root canals are used to treat this infection within the tooth’s pulp.
As there is no equivalent replacement for a natural tooth. We provide the Root Canal Treatment in Kalyan Nagar, and always recommend a root canal instead of a tooth extraction when possible—even with children! Baby teeth serve several critical functions, so it’s still preferable to preserve rather than extract them.
Best Endodontist in Kalyan Nagar
- Your child is given a sedative or local anesthetic.
- A dental dam is used to isolate the infected tooth.
- The crown of the tooth is opened and the infected pulp is removed with small dental instruments.
- The area, including the affected roots, is cleaned, disinfected, and sterilized to eliminate bacteria.
- A temporary filling is placed inside the crown to protect the tooth.
- If the infection has spread beyond the roots, antibiotics may be prescribed.
A second appointment is scheduled after your child has had time to heal. The second appointment includes the following steps:
- The temporary filling is removed.
- The root channel is permanently filled and sealed.
- A permanent filling or Pediatric crown restores the original size, shape, and function of the tooth.
Visit us today to know more.